Intermediate Business Services & Tax Accountant
Why you want to join our firm?
- You’ll be recognised for your efforts in our tight-knit firm;
- You’ll be mentored and developed in your ability to manage client relationships, mentor a junior team and become a top-level Accountant and Business Advisor; and
- You may get to visit our overseas office.
Mentored by the Partner and working alongside our small team across two offices, you will be able to take a job from start to finish focusing on:
- Preparing financial accounts for SMEs and investment entities (incl. SMSF) to partner review standard (or take it beyond);
- Preparing tax returns, activity statements and other regular tax forms/reviews (such as payroll tax, R&D, FBT) as required;
- Preparing Management Reports with commentary for our monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to clients;
- Managing clients’ Xero files and providing our clients with support;
- Solving client tax, Xero and accounting issues;
- Managing client relationships for a portfolio of clients;
- Interacting with clients to develop their businesses;
- Working with the Partner to provide business development, strategic planning and taxation strategies for clients;
- Undertaking peer work reviews; and
- Looking for opportunities for clients to save time, build wealth and protect their assets.
- CPA study support – 2 days off per year and course fees paid on passing
- Car Parking (salary packaging available)
- Great Coffee
- Weekly Training
We are a passionate fast growing boutique firm in Hawthorn specialising in Business Services, Taxation and Financial Planning focusing on SME clients (from start up to 4 million dollar turnover) and SMSFs. We work with a variety of clients from diverse industries. The role will guarantee exposure to all our clients!
We’re passionate about business and wealth creation. We’re young, loud and proud. The next five years are going to be awesome and we need a team member ready and willing to be part of something big!
Our firm is a current member of the Proactive Accountants Network and has access to resources such as PANALITIX, CCH iKnow, Knowledge Shop and Now Infinity. We strive to use the best of breed in technology and equipment at our state of the art offices. We embrace cloud technology and have a strong desire to make a difference with our clients.
We heavily invest in our team and their continuing skill development. All team members participate in ongoing weekly training. The whole firm is incentivised quarterly for developing its knowledge.
To be successful, you must have the following attributes:
- 2-3 years working experience in an Australian accounting practice;
- CPA/CA qualified or close to completion;
- Excellent communication skills and experience managing client relationships;
- Working experience with (any) online software such as Xero, SaaSu, MYOB Live and Intuit QuickBooks; and
- Experience in reviewing the work of junior team members.
We’re all about making a traditionally boring industry, exciting! We’re not the Big 4, and definitely not the suburban accounting firm stuck in the 1990s! We’re value and consulting focused and go above the basics of compliance work. We’re goal orientated and are passionate about business and wealth creation. We believe winners hang with winners. We work hard and play hard. We have a goal of creating 1 Billion Dollars of collective Wealth for our clients by 2023! If you want to be a part of this team then we want to hear from you.